SHANNON HAS A NEW TANK!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K

kansaschick08

Okay so I finaly got myself a new tank. and it doesn't even look like a kid one. :lol: that was my goal. this is what i have:

-one male betta, deep blue with some red on him-$3.49
-two bagsof gravel, red...deep red.- they didn't charge me on that...how weird...
-two assorted live plants-$7.99 each
-Whisper Internal Filter 2-10i-$10
-betta flakes-$2.99

they have sponge bob food for fish now...it looks like a salt/peper shaker.

Attachments

• picture_052_144.jpg
    picture_052_144.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 75
  • picture_052_283.jpg
    picture_052_283.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 120
okay so i havent done this whole...post pic things...sorry for the first double post. and here's the rest of the pics.

Attachments

• picture_053_177.jpg
    picture_053_177.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 90
  • picture_055_132.jpg
    picture_055_132.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 73
  • picture_056.jpg
    picture_056.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 75
I got my girlfriend a tank kind of like that for her office that she is really getting into. Eclipse now makes a 5 gallon corner aquarium that is the perfect size for a desk at work and has mechanical and bio-wheel filtration and a light in the hood. Perfect starter tank. I wanted her to get the 12 Gallon, but she said it was too big :D

Shannon...what do you think you're doing? Take that tank back immediately before it's too late!!

Just kidding ya Shannon...That is a great looking betta. Welcome to the MTS club!

Jchillin said:
Shannon...what do you think you're doing? Take that tank back immediately before it's too late!!

Just kidding ya Shannon...That is a great looking betta. Welcome to the MTS club!

i couldn't take that tank back even if i wanted to...ive had it for to many years. btw, you sound like my dad...i walked in (on a school night at 9pm) he says, what did you blow your money on tongiht?? fish... :D and my mom told me that i can't have any more tanks while i am home.. :(

don't feel bad shannon, when I was 24 and living at my parent's I was only allowed 1 tank :lol:

Great tank! I love all the dark colors!

Just a suggestion-you might want to put a black background on the tank. I did that on my 5 gallon and it not only makes it look bigger, it hides the filter, and the fishes' color comes out even more (although your betta seems crazy-colorful).

I think I need to stop after work and look for a betta. :lol:

Jchillin said:
Shannon...perhaps I misunderstood. I thought you meant the new tank is in addition to your existing tank. :?:

Bill I believe you were right. I think this tank has been sitting empty for a bit...

now you have ME confused..k so i have a 10 gal, and this 5gal has been sitting empty for about a year. does that make more sense??

--------------EDIT--------------
forgot to say... the betta has some bubbles at the water level..meaning, right where the air and water hit. i think, if i'm not mistaken...this means he's ready to breed? am i mistaken?

forgot to say... the betta has some bubbles at the water level..meaning, right where the air and water hit. i think, if i'm not mistaken...this means he's ready to breed? am i mistaken?
you are correct. It means that the betta is happy and healthy, and ready to breed.

Beautiful tank, btw. My mom and dad have also told me "No more!" :roll:

Kansaschick08 said:
now you have ME confused..k so i have a 10 gal, and this 5gal has been sitting empty for about a year. does that make more sense??

*corrected typo sence to sense for clarity.

Ok, that means I was right...congratulations and welcome to the world of MTS Shannon!

Jchillin said:
Kansaschick08 said:

*corrected typo sence to sense for clarity.

thank you mr bill. can't ever remember the correct one to use.

Back
Top Bottom