Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jodibug

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do shrimp figure in to stocking? If I am at capacity with fish should I skip shrimp, or do shrimp help? How many shrimp are recommended for 29 gallon tank? I think they look cool, but I need to learn more about how to care for them.

Shrimp can be safely ignored as far as stocking goes. Their bio load is next to nothing.

I'm not an expert on this topic. I have two ghost shrimp. From what I've read you have to add them into the stocking equation as you would fish. They do scavenge, but they still add to waste. Hopefully a more experience shrimp person can add more. Most shrimp people seem to like to keep the shrimp separate.

I'm not an expert on this topic. I have two ghost shrimp. From what I've read you have to add them into the stocking equation as you would fish. They do scavenge, but they still add to waste. Hopefully a more experience shrimp person can add more. Most shrimp people seem to like to keep the shrimp separate.
Yeah the reason most keep them separate is because they don't want them eaten. And without fish it's a stress free place where they can breed more prolifically.

Back
Top Bottom