Shy guppy :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the API Master Kit, I am kinda winging it on the ammonia and the nitrates. For the ammonia it was close to the 1.0 but not really there. It is sorta between the .5 and the 1.0 but closer to the 1.0 therefor I came up with the .8. Same with the Nitrates, the test shows 0 and 5.0 and mine is somewhere right in the middle.

oh ok lol, that makes more sense. make sure you hold the tube up to the white part of the card and have bright light... that will yield the most accurate results

Yeah, and make sure you shake the crap out of the #2 bottles for ammonia and nitrAte! Bang it on the counter if you have to lol.

Yeah, and make sure you shake the crap out of the #2 bottles for ammonia and nitrAte! Bang it on the counter if you have to lol.
just for nitrate... ammonia you dont have to ;) The nitrate test in any brand test kit has issues with solidifying.. some of them are 3 part tests, which you have to do the same on #3 instead of #2... with api, they just have 2 solutions, so shaking the #2 bottle for a good while is the only way to get accurate results

It's in the very fine print invisible to the naked eye. Lol. But you do need to shake it good, i've learned tht from experience.

i dont think it says that specifically, but it does say to make sure you shake it well... even the nitrate color card shows to shake #2 very well before using

Back
Top Bottom