sick young bronze cory - nuerological?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
January 20

I found the little cory on his back again today. The jerky and spastic movements are back and I don't really understand why. He had such a drastic improvement in the move from the 55 gallon to the 5 gallon, I just don't know what to do now. He is eating, his color is normal, but the heavy breathing is also back. His symptoms seem to come and go. Right now he is acting completely normal, although a few minutes ago he seemed to be having an "episode."

The other cory is acting fine, but not showing much improvement. I think I may start treating with bettafix since I still have the female betta in there. I've heard melafix can harm bettas. Btw, she is doing awesome, he color is as dark and beautiful as I have ever seen it before.

I've heard melafix can harm bettas.
That's correct.

Your cory could have a brain tumor, or be epileptic--you will never know. Continue to give it loving care and hope for the best.

I'm afraid he is going to hurt himself on the gravel. Already he looks like he has some wear on his nose/forehead. How do I know when quality of life isn't optimum? I actually thought of euthanazia today :( It about made me cry.

Back
Top Bottom