Sink or Swim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FNG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here's the thing:

My girlfriend's brother dropped off a 29 gallon freshwater tank last week. He's had it for years, but has been "winging it". Read: cluelessly replacing fish every few weeks to replace the ones dying off. He's also given us a betta, in its own tank, but I'm mostly concerned with the big tank. They had it set up and full of his fish before I got home from work. Before you know it, we've added a few fish and three plants.

Big shocker, one of the fish has already died and I have found this forum to help become somewhat less clueless than I am now.

I am planning on taking a water sample to the local pet warehouse today as well as purchasing a water test kit.

I'll be reading all the sticky posts and noob guides as I find time and won't be adding anything to the tank until I have done my homework.

I'll take all the tips/advice I can find.

I suppose I'll post a video or images to give an idea of what I have, and I could use help identifying fish & plants.

I'm off to grab a water sample and take some video now...

When buying a test kit, skip he strips, they are highly inaccurate, and more than likely what the fish store you go to will use. Be sure and get a good liquid test kit, API freshwater master test kit is used by many here. If you want to save some money, look for them on eBay or amazon.

Back
Top Bottom