Sliding lid??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a lift up glass, and like it for cleaning and stuff, just lift it up or take it off. And id say algea scraper..

Just depends on your tank setup. I have a 75 with an aquaclear 110 on the side rather than the back. The tempered glass tops were originally the doors on an entertainment center, little wider than the tank sp they hang out over the back a little. I picked up some vinyl channel at Lowe's that fits very nicely on the smaller piece of glass, and it slides (right to left) on the bottom edges. Epoxied a drawer pull knob in place for a handle, same way I did on the custom glass tops I had cut for a couple of other older (no center brace) 75's.
Mag float or algae scraper depends on how much you want to spend (good magnets aren't the cheap ones) and/or whether you want to get your hands wet.

Well i really prefer glass lift glass. It cleaner easy to clean. Don't scrash compared to fiberglass, or any type of transparent plastic. Look better to. The best thing, it cheaper to go and make it made like you what it. All you need it the plastic that go in between the 2 glass that make the front top open for your aquarium. Hard to explain, i hope you understand what i matted.

You seams to have a algae problem to. Well here are the things i did to fix it. If you have spots green algae on the window . The reason for that, its to mush light. Indirect light from window do contribute more then you probably think.

You and i have a 30 gallon tanks. Interesting fish to clean the windows, that are fun, is the smallest pleco bridgestone 3 inch. You may add 3 ottos minimum. Real fun to see them clean the plants. I do enjoy my crystal shrimps, you need a min of 8 for the size of your aquarium to see them in action (hiding all the time), a bit expensive here in Quebec at 10$ a pop.

If you have plants, the reason you have algae its fertilizer imbalance.

For fish, transparency tetra are pacifist and cool to look at. Still its you decision to make on that one.

i have a 75 gall and i use the magnet and the glass tops easier to use and it cleans the inside and out of the glass at the same time also the glass tops it has its pros and cons

Back
Top Bottom