slow cycle..no nitrites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At day 63 of cycle. Processing ammonia from 2-3ppm down to .25 in 3 days but then just sits at .25 for a while. Nitrite seems to have gone down from .50+ to .25 (getting less purple) nitrate is still just a bit darker yellow than tap water. New question...my water has been hazy for a while i figure normal cycling stuff. But today it cleared up to crystal clear, What does this mean if anything? (Besides my fishless tank now being more appealing to look at) again thanks in advace for any responses.

Ok just figured i would update everyone on this thread incase someone else has the same issues as i did..i actually fish in cycled another 29 gal in 18 days while waiting for this one to fishless cycle. So i did a 100% wc on the fishless one and started fish in on that one to..14 days later and it is completely cycled aswell. i think maybe a bad source of ammonia could have been my issue here as thats all that is really different. I used dr.tims ammonia source but maybe it was old? Dunno but fish in worked for me. I used platies and did 50% or so pwcs every other day to keep ammonia below .25..and using prime every other day detoxifys everything until next wc anyway. I dont know how long i would have kept banging my head against the wall with fishless but im sure glad i decided to switch to fish in. Worked for me and may work for others having troubles. Anyway sorry for the long post and thanks to everyone that offered advise along the way :)

Back
Top Bottom