Smallest Cory Catfish Species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My pandas were always smaller than the other "normal" size cories I kept.

Ok thanks for all the replies! I think im going to go with a mix of albino, peppered and panda, Thanks everyone i will post a picture of them in the next couple of days!

Fish_Fan

Hi fish fan
You should really keep groups of a minimum of six of a species. What size tank is this for? Please keep in mind the ones you chose get over 2" as adults and are very active (pandas maybe a little smaller). Good luck!

Peppered females can hit almost 3". Same for Albino C aeneus. I've seen some older adults. Just remember the fish you see in stores are juveniles !

This pic was a BIG albino C aeneus.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419815409.749919.jpg

You'll see better behavior with a single species group in my opinion. I'm always sad for Cories that don't have a group of friends that look like them. Plus it's better if you end up with breeding to know what you're getting and Coreys do breed in tanks sometimes.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow thats huge i just hope mine dont get that big

Fish_Fan

How do u tell the difference between males and female peppered albino and panda Cories? Need replies A.S.A.P

Fish_Fan

As young petstore fish it's harder to tell. But females are wider and grow a bit bigger.

They are supposed to grow to adult size. Stunting them by keeping larger species in small tanks isn't good IMHO.

Why ask about small Corydoras and then pick larger species ?

Peppered also get as big given proper care.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a corydoras comparison photo that I did a while back. left to right is corydoras black schultzei, peppered cory, panda cory.

img_3122049_0_7eaae2a950fcbc388d3ab01f7bb08344.jpg

Back
Top Bottom