Smashed Tank Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kage Davies

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Oh I hope this is the right place. Please move it or close it if not. I know I'm super new to be posting threads but I really could use some help.

Basically, I had a 10gal tank set up and ready for my first fish, a betta, who's arriving tomorrow by courier. Fish is already shipped out and due to arrive before 1pm.

Long story short I smashed the tank and filter to bits. I have a cat and two dogs, and I was worried because one of the dogs managed to get a little too close so I thought I'd move the tank somewhere more secure and... Yes. Tiny little tank pieces.

The gravel is unsalvagable because of the tank shards. I have a bag of new playsand but I'm not certain how to prep it for the tank. I also have two 15gal tanks that were delivered today. They have heaters and lighting, but not filters. The only filters I have are two sponge filters with air pumps.

I have on order the filters for the 15gals, they should arrive before Monday. If the post is fast they might be here before the betta tomorrow, sometimes it happens but I can't hold out hope. I can't go out to the fish store since I have to wait in for the fish delivery.

If I set up the tank and sponge filters tonight, will he be okay in there for a while tomorrow while I go to the store and get a filter? And since the tank hasn't had time to cycle properly, is there anything I can do to make it easier on him?

Really kicking myself right now :(. I knew I shouldn't be fussing last minute. I just wanted it to go right for the first one.

Emma x

These things happen... don't beat yourself up too much about it.

Sponge filters are perfectly ok for a betta... they don't like to be blown all over the place anyway.

As long as you use a water conditioner when you set up the tank, a single betta will be just fine for a few days in there until enough ammonia would build up.

Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bettas are tough man you will be good for a few days

Back
Top Bottom