Snails came with my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krazeeboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
bought some more rummy nose tetra today and the guy gave me about 20 snails. he said its good for the tank. there were alot of snails in all the tanks im not sure what they are but i see them in alot of other LFS tanks as well so im assuming they are pretty common? also my puffer really likes these he eats them right up! what i want to know is what kind of snails are they and are they any good?

what does it look like?

pondsnailmain-th.jpg

malaysian_trumpet_snail3.jpg

ramshorn.jpg

hmm..well they dont look like any of these at all they are small like half a cm to 1 cm

well these are the common ones. maybe get a pic of it. if you have puffers you wont have to worry about them. people dont like them often because they over feed their tank and they breed like crazy. if you are not over feeding you dont have a problem.

snails

they kinda look like the first pic and are small like half a cm. ic so it wont be a problem with my puffer in there

pond snails. nope might be best to get more of them next time. they need them in their diet. it grinds down their tooth.

Get more of the middle ones, get rid of the others.

The MTS is a tank friend not a foe, they live bear and dont need a man snail to get em pregnant, they hide in the day unless your tank is filthy then they will be out, they are little rototillers too for your substrate.

Back
Top Bottom