Snails ugh!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hbbambislayer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I originally thought I only had a few pond snails in my tank, wrong there's probably 25-30 little baby's I can see was going to get clown loaches but was told tank to small for them it's a 55 I see now they can get big any ideas on what else will eat them read assassin snails but don't know where to find those.

Yeah assasin snails are your best bet for natural removal but also putting a sclice of cucumber in, letting the snails climb on it and then taking the cucumber covered in snails out. You will eventually remove all of your snails.

That's a really good idea will the cucumber mess with the water quality in my tank?

My fish store sells dwarf chain loaches they look cool don't grow to big will they eat snails also?

Never mind yo-yo loaches will eat snails dont grow big and are available

Yo-yo loaches r great snails cleaners but may not be able to eat the snails on the glass. I prefer assassin snails. Private lfs or eBay have them at good prices. Live aquaria and petsolutions has them too.

You trust eBay for that kinda purchase, I use eBay all the time but never for a living thing?

Back
Top Bottom