So Many Tank Water Solutions... What ones do I need??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrazyFishGirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just looking at all the different solutions that the stores sell is so confusing.
I'm doing a fishless cycle now and only have be using a dechlorinate.

Is there anything that will help with the cycle?
Do I need any other solutions after I get my fish?

There is products for dechlorinate and conditioning, reducing water changes, and just looking at tetras website, they have so many things.

I want the best for my future fish but I don't know what I need and what I do need.

HELP

You can basically ignore all of the crap bottled stuff they sell. All you need is a good dechlorinator. I would suggest either API Stress Coat or Prime; they are both great products although the prime is more cost effective.

You can basically ignore all of the crap bottled stuff they sell. All you need is a good dechlorinator. I would suggest either API Stress Coat or Prime; they are both great products although the prime is more cost effective.

Ya well you have to put bacteria in somehow

I used tetra safe start honestly it works ! Read all the reviews ! Don't buy it at petsmart or a petstore this bottle cost me 20$ at petsmart and its like half that on amazon! "And free shipping if you have amazon prime which i say is the greatest thing on earth"

Here is the amazon link

http://amzn.to/16Xe4j5

Hah! Both sound very long?

Hah yes it does. It's a very depressing number! :)

I would like to add, the type of bacteria that is found in the bottled versions has been reported to crash without warning and all die off restarting your cycle. I haven't seen this myself since I've never used it, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Fishless cycles with seeded media finish very very quickly. I had my 29g cycle with a handfull of gravel for seeding material in 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom