Sold sick fish- help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonnyG1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have bought 3 goldfish (2 comets and 1 shubunkin) about 10 days ago at a local fish store "pets at home". I discovered about 5 days after getting them that they all had white spot and were very sick. After a few days of treating the fish with white spot treatment I went back to pets at home to get advice to help with treating the fish.

After walking in I found that all their fish are sick and are under treatment(not allowed to be sold as well).

I spoke to a member of staff who did not care nor have time to help.

I was just wondering are we entitled to anything back as I have spent a lot of money on changing tanks and treating the fish (getting test strips and ammonia neutraliser etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really didn't have the money to do this as I am already trying to save for a bigger tank but I had to settle for a medium sized tank to treat the goldfish.

If me I would not buy from that store again. Not if they have that kind of attitude. Also it seems that you have not read any of the threads posted in this forum about goldfish. I don't know if there is any shop that guarantees fish. Read some of the goldfish threads and you will see were you went wrong.

Back
Top Bottom