Some advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keds195

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm doing a fish in cycle. I put 6 neon tetras in last Tuesday morning. When I tested water last night it was ph 7.2 ammo 0.25 nitrites 0 nitrates 0. I have just tested tonight and it is ph 7.2 ammo 0.25 nitrites 1ppm nitrates 0. Does this sound right?

I'm doing a fish in cycle. I put 6 neon tetras in last Tuesday morning. When I tested water last night it was ph 7.2 ammo 0.25 nitrites 0 nitrates 0. I have just tested tonight and it is ph 7.2 ammo 0.25 nitrites 1ppm nitrates 0. Does this sound right?

What size tank are they in?

I have been told before but can't find the post it was in could you remind me please. We are going to do a 20% water change 2moro when we get in from work will test before and after to make sure it's ok then test an hour later. Is that the highest I should let nitrites go? How long until I start to see nitrates? It's taken 5 days for nitrites to show up.

I have been told before but can't find the post it was in could you remind me please. We are going to do a 20% water change 2moro when we get in from work will test before and after to make sure it's ok then test an hour later. Is that the highest I should let nitrites go? How long until I start to see nitrates? It's taken 5 days for nitrites to show up.

Highest ammonia or nitrite should get is .25. I would do a water change ASAP. Theres no set time frame, nitrates will be last to show up though.

Back
Top Bottom