Some pics of my tank in its fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roydooms said:
Wasted as a cichlid tank? That's a stupid comment. Whatever your tank is: planted, reef, cichlid, or a 1,000g with one shrimp as long as you are happy and that is what you want, go for it. All that matter is what you want not what other people think of your tank. You are going to be looking at it everyday. De-stressing you, making you fall asleep, bringing you joy and a lot more. Stick to whatever you want and don't change it because somebody think it's a waste.

Well said!

Rossij101 said:
Oowwwwww!! Calm it everyone to there own only a thought so get of it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

No fair point it was only a passing thought wither way it's a top tank!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Haha yeah mate north wales in-between wrexham and Chester area, I will take some piks and get them uploaded when I get a chance, bought some windelov yesterday and tied it to some wood I had lying around, made a bonsai tree kinda look with it, substrate clouded the tank a bit yesterday so should be good again tonight....fingers crossed!

so your a northy then lol i we have a van down by Llandovery its so nice donw their. nice bit of art you have going on there then look forward to seeing the pics mate

Just added a new thread called trigon190 piks just added a few quick ones on there now mate

Edit did you get my pm? Sent you a link to a site selling cichlids in Birmingham don't know what they are like as I only found the site by chance

Wasted as a cichlid tank? That's a stupid comment. Whatever your tank is: planted, reef, cichlid, or a 1,000g with one shrimp as long as you are happy and that is what you want, go for it. All that matter is what you want not what other people think of your tank. You are going to be looking at it everyday. De-stressing you, making you fall asleep, bringing you joy and a lot more. Stick to whatever you want and don't change it because somebody think it's a waste.

roydooms i agree with everything you say lol but hayho this is what its all about peoples thoughts

Just added a new thread called trigon190 piks just added a few quick ones on there now mate

Edit did you get my pm? Sent you a link to a site selling cichlids in Birmingham don't know what they are like as I only found the site by chance

cheers mate just been and had a look nice one for that and i off to have a look at your pics now lol

cichlidpaul said:
do you know how hard it is to get the background off lol for that reason it stays blue lmao

Been there too! I now use vinyl cut it to size and attach it with black electric tape then once it gets a bit streaky or dusty etc I can peel clean and reattach which is virtually never as it's pretty flush to the tank glass

Now seven days into the cycle and im almost bloody bold , who was it that told me to do a fishless hmmmmmm let me see lol oh ye ME !!!!!!!

a leason to be learnt i think never listen to my self
getting more more frustrated every day think im losing the plot started to talk to the tank now willing it along more begging if im honest

It's already been said but I'll say it again, great job setting up those rocks that is really cool!

Now seven days into the cycle and im almost bloody bold , who was it that told me to do a fishless hmmmmmm let me see lol oh ye ME !!!!!!!

a leason to be learnt i think never listen to my self
getting more more frustrated every day think im losing the plot started to talk to the tank now willing it along more begging if im honest

No no no! Fishless cycling = good :) If I understand your post correctly, are you saying that you regret cycling without fish? Well if so, just keep in mind...
It's never a good idea to put a fish through the great stress of cycling a tank, because even if they make it through alive, they can still have long term damage from being exposed to Ammonia, such as shortening their life span. Not to mention Ammonia burns on a fish are equivalent to the pain of soap in your eye.

If I interpreted your post incorrectly, my badddd. :)
-->Also, not meaning to rant, just stating the dangers of cycling with fish, to show you how you made the correct decision.

Back
Top Bottom