special treat for my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethc418

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 platties 7 guppies and a plecco in a 10 gallon tank I was looking for a nice treat to feed my little ones I herd veggies are good but I'm not sure what kind to feed them or how to prepare them any advice? This is my little tank :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110712_224417.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110712_224417.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 112
Zukkini, cucumbers for the pleco, thaw and pinch the shell off of a frozen pea for others, there's also a lot of freeze dried and frozen commercial food too, all my fish like blood worms and a chunk of freeze dried brine shrimp once n a while

Edit: this is no where a complete list just some of the easy ones, you could write a book on what fish can eat and how to prepare their food lol

I was wondering about this as well since I have guppies and a molly. I've heard about shelled peas and softened zucchini for other larger fish but I wasn't sure if theyd be ok for my smaller fishies.

I like your tank set up by the way. Very pretty.

Thank you will have to try that I'm sure eating the same thing every day gets old :) lol thanks again for the info let u know how they like em

Zarlinia said:
I was wondering about this as well since I have guppies and a molly. I've heard about shelled peas and softened zucchini for other larger fish but I wasn't sure if theyd be ok for my smaller fishies.

I like your tank set up by the way. Very pretty.

Thank u my girlfriend set up the decor we wanna replace one of the stumps with something else but this way everyone's got a hiding place

What do you normally feed them? My fish only get fed 1x a day but I do switch it up so they are not eating the same things all of the time. They love frozen or freeze dried bloodworms as well as freeze dried brine shrimp.

I just tried the blood worms with my guppies since I had some for my bettas and they gobbled them up in a second. It was so cute.

Hikari frozen bloodworms, and hikari frozen brineshrimp are awesome treats for fish, and my betta even gobbled up the brine. Hikari gutloads their food before freezing, so when the fish eats them, all the super nutritious vitamins and goodies they feed them are digested by your fish. I've never seen a fish turn any of their products, and I feed my fish only hikari frozen on every weekend, and they look amazing.

hippy guy said:
Hikari frozen bloodworms, and hikari frozen brineshrimp are awesome treats for fish, and my betta even gobbled up the brine. Hikari gutloads their food before freezing, so when the fish eats them, all the super nutritious vitamins and goodies they feed them are digested by your fish. I've never seen a fish turn any of their products, and I feed my fish only hikari frozen on every weekend, and they look amazing.

To the Internet!! Lol sounds like good stuff wonder if can get frozen somehow online I have to drive 3 hours one way to even attempt to get frozen

I'm sure you can, and if not, hikari also offers amazing dry fishfood. Though beware, freezedried can cause bloating, and can hurt your fish.

That's what we have here. They loveeee the frozen bloodworms. I don't have any picky eaters, but I'm pretty sure that is their favorite treat.

Back
Top Bottom