Spots on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just did a water change about 2 weeks ago and everything is fine I believe, but I have the little circular cloudy spots all over the glass. The thing is I have a pond snail problem are they making these spots???? Or is it from the cucumber slices I put In to catch them???? There's some cucumber shrapnel floating about, will the cucumber create bacteria in the tank???? I have also seen some very tiny white specs that are little swimming creatures ( not flat worms though) are they maybe ifusoria? which wouldn't be bad cause my danios are breeding right now ( I think ). Oh!! And will the pond snails eat my eggs or will the small white creatures???

Just did a water change about 2 weeks ago and everything is fine I believe, but I have the little circular cloudy spots all over the glass. The thing is I have a pond snail problem are they making these spots???? Or is it from the cucumber slices I put In to catch them???? There's some cucumber shrapnel floating about, will the cucumber create bacteria in the tank???? I have also seen some very tiny white specs that are little swimming creatures ( not flat worms though) are they maybe ifusoria? which wouldn't be bad cause my danios are breeding right now ( I think ). Oh!! And will the pond snails eat my eggs or will the small white creatures???

Circular spots on your glass can be caused by algae, or "dirt" that has become stuck to it. Is your tank acrylic or real glass? Also, it might help if you posted a picture! Thanks!

Also! I'd recommend doing water changes more often then every two weeks depending on bioload.

I tried to take a pic and it doesn't show up, I add fresh water every week to top the aquarium up, I figured that was enough maybe not. The glass is real I all my tanks, I was just taking notice that it's in my other tank that has a snail problem as well. Do they leave a sludge on the glass? The one without snails is fine.

Ok I was able to take a pic of what I believe is the same thing on my small tank now I just need to figure out how to get it in the thread:facepalm:
DSC01413.jpg
did it yes!

So I was wrong apparently, I just seen some flat worms crawling on the glass, so I think that the spots are flat worm eggs maybe. Does anyone know if prazipro is harmful to fire bellied toads, or I heard maybe it's bad for koli loaches? Help please

I too am seeing this on my tank. I've read online that spots similar to this seems to coincide with nitrate spikes, but idk for sure. I hope it's not worms... Do they seem to get more concentrated the deeper in the tank? That's what it looks like in mine.

It's a medication to get rid of various worms in the tank but it can be harmful to something's I think. I've never used it but Im ready to go if I can collect all the nessisary info.

I've been looking into this and it sounds likely that the white stuff is either planaria (spelling?), which as far as I've read is a harmless worm, or the freshwater version of an anemone. Don't know what to do about it though, but looking up those things may be a good place to start.

Ya I have figured out that it's flat worms " the common name for planaria " I still don't know if I can use prazipro yet or not though.

Back
Top Bottom