Stability?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BettaKing said:
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this chemical. And I was wondering if it could be used to cycle a tank? Thx for your time:cool:

Some people have seen (limited) success with bottled bacteria, but I highly recommend against them. There's more than a few members here who can tell you stories of using "instant cycling" products to cycle their tanks...only to have unexplained bio-filter crashes weeks or months later resulting in ammo and no2 spikes and dead fish.

Is the tank stocked? If you can, check out the link in my signature about fishless cycling :)

Tetra Safestart works and will cycle a new tank in as little as 7 days, Marineland sold the Bio-Spira freshwater formula to Tetra and this one does not need to be refridgerated and has a longer shelf life. That's the only bactiera in a bottle that I can say works as advertised.

I tested 5 of the leading bactiera in a bottle head to head cycling 5 10g tanks with fish, when I helped with a LFS. And Safestart was the only one that worked

Last edited:
I tried stability before and don't think it made any difference at all. But in my 55 I used some stuff called TLC and it worked great. I bought it from a LFS. Not sure where they get it from but u could look on google

out of the bacteria booster products, it's one that I've had actual success with. Using cycled media is still a better option, but if you don't have that choice then go with it.

Using any kind of bacteria supplement can be very hit and miss, most of them use the wrong type of bacteria, and even the ones that have the proper autotrophic nitrifiers in them are very sensitive to temperature, so if they are exposed to an extreme heat/cold then the bacteria may be dead.

Back
Top Bottom