Stability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got back from a good pet shop, the employ sold me a good test kit, stability, florish for my plants, and a bottle of living bacteria, anything else i need? also i just put the bacteria, a new tank treatment of stability, and a weekly treatment of florish, i did a 50% water change this morning before going to the fishstore(3ish hours ago). when should i check my water?

Just got back from a good pet shop, the employ sold me a good test kit, stability, florish for my plants, and a bottle of living bacteria, anything else i need? also i just put the bacteria, a new tank treatment of stability, and a weekly treatment of florish, i did a 50% water change this morning before going to the fishstore(3ish hours ago). when should i check my water?

Hello Blazed...

You definitely lived up to your name. That's a lot to do in one trip. Are you cycling a tank? Are you using fish to cycle it? You don't need the Stability. The Florish isn't used for quite a while after the tank has completed the "nitrogen cycle". If you're cycling a tank with fish, your water changes should be 25 percent. 50% is too much. You should be checking your water chemistry daily, if you have fish in a tank that's cycling.

Just some comments. What are you trying to accomplish?

B

well thank you i think lol, yes im still cycling my tank its been set up for one week today, i use prime to clean my water and i used top-fin bacteria booster at first, i didnt know about cycling before i started researching everything lol (seriously its consumed all my free time for a week lol), so after putting in top fin i let it run for 2 days and then put 5 zebra danios in, they all died, i put plants in 2 days ago(3 anubius bartari and an anubius con-somthing), then i did the water change and the other products including the live bacteria.

stats after adding products and doing first test was
ph: 7.8ish
amonia .5
nitrites: between 3.0 and 5.0
nitriate : 5.0

im assuming nitrites are why danios died

and im trying to accomplish safe water levels so i put fish in and i believe its to late to do a fishless cycle, so i got the live bacteria, the stability is supposed to adjust all my levels according to the employess(roughly a week and i can put fish in) and one of the moderators recommended the florish for my live plants since they were starting to turn brown and the tips were dying but that has stopped, hoping the florish will help my plants thrive since theres no source of ammonia in the tank right now and im hoping it will help the plants start to root

Back
Top Bottom