Stain on tank glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jadedrain_06

Aquarium Advice Regular
Finally have my tank cycled and added a goregous betta. Was trying to get a picture of him to send to my mom and realized that there is a ring the whole way around the top to the tank about 2 inches below current water line. When I was cycling I let the tank water evaporate quite a bit since I read letting the filtered water disturb the tank was good. Is there anyway of getting this off so we can enjoy our new betta more? Thanks!

have u tried just wiping it off or is it stuck to it pretty good? also what color is the stain?

Yeah I have an aquarium scrub brush and it would not come off. It is white! It reminds me of the normal stains that get on the underside of the lid. I just really really hope that I can get it off because it really does take away from the decor and especially the Betta. Thank you for your reply!

A piece of velcro while the water is down during a water change should get it gone. It's just a hard water stain. The velcro (use the hard plastic piece, not the soft part that the other side sticks to) will act like sandpaper, but since it's plastic, it won't scratch the tank. I've used velcro several times to get those gone.

A piece of velcro while the water is down during a water change should get it gone. It's just a hard water stain. The velcro (use the hard plastic piece, not the soft part that the other side sticks to) will act like sandpaper, but since it's plastic, it won't scratch the tank. I've used velcro several times to get those gone.

nice! will definitely use that technique in the future. and do not use any chemicals! (y)

Thank you so much! I am happy that it is wasy to get out! Hubby is in the Army so we have a ton of velcro for patches. Great idea! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom