Stand for a 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bullnugget

Aquarium Advice Activist
I Picked up a free 10 gallon tank. I would like to sit it on something that could still be usefull, like a bookshelf or shelf of somekind. I realize this will be about 100 lbs full, any one have any creative ideas?

I have a 16G bowfront on a dresser in my bedroom. Perfect place for it. Main thing is a good stable footprint not easy to tip over. OS.

I am worried about the tipping over part. 10 gallon doesn't have a big footprint so I would like something longer that I could actually use. I have 2 cats that like to get on top of the 20 gallon I have on my daughters dresser. the 55 I havnt caught them yet but I am sure they get up there. this 10 will go in the living room as well so a dresser will not work.

Lol you could always set the tank up without a cover and let the cats learn that way...

I pushed the limit, I had a 15 gallon on a shelf for nearly 2 years at one point. This shelf was about 1/2 inch thick and was supported by 1/2 inch thick studs in the wall. You could see the shelf bowing in the middle.

I was a brave man and a lucky one at that. Even something like a bedside table would do.

Back
Top Bottom