Starter Filter + Fish Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ausdonut

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I am new to all of this so I got a few questions, I have reasonably well established my tank. And yesterday added 5 fish (neons and guppies) to the tank. My question is all of the fish continually hang around the heater area at the back of the tank. Obiously they are here because it is the warmest part of the tank. Do you think I should increase the temp to make them spread out (currently approx 26-7 degree's C {not sure what that is in F}), or is there another way to get them moving around a bit more. And quickly secondly the filter I got with the tank is quite powerful and it looks like when the fish try to swim they really have to struggle to get to the other side of the tank, and if they stop they very quickly are dragged back to the other side. Is this ok or are there any suggestions to fix this there desn'y appear to be a power/speed adjuster on filter.

Any help would be appreciated...
AusDonut 8O

What size is your tank and what kind of filter do you have? This will help us to see if your filter is a bit too strong for your size tank.

New fish take some time to get used to their surrounds. I would bet the fish will be fine in a few days. Neons, though, are a schooling fish. They would do better in a group of six or more.

26C is about 78F. That should be fine for your neons and guppies. I keep all my tanks in that area.

Fish Fine

Hi
Thanks for the response, my fish are now fine swimming al round the tank. However I am still unsure about my filter. The tank is 3 ft and 240 or so Litres it think.

Thanks
AusDonut 8O

What brand filter do you have? What are the measurements of your tank? Length, width and height? How long has the tank been running?

Back
Top Bottom