Starting a new 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydesilva

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking of starting a 20 gallon tank, can anyone suggest some good colourful fish for me,(I'm stuck on which fish to choose) I'd like some fish that would swim around in a school.... Any suggestions??

I'm thinking of starting a 20 gallon tank, can anyone suggest some good colourful fish for me,(I'm stuck on which fish to choose) I'd like some fish that would swim around in a school.... Any suggestions??

1 dwarf gourami
6 cardinal tetras
3 guppies/endlers (male)
5 albino cories

I have
6 neon tetras
4 albino corys
3 platys
1 dwarf gourmi
1 blue mystery snail

I'm shooting for some discus an electric blue jack dempseys .... i have three tanks my 5 gallon is completely cycled just needs fish .... my 100 gallon is in its first day process of the cycle an I'm goin to get a stand for my 50 gallon soon so it can cycle

But smaller cheaper fish are cool too ... an angel fish or two would look great in it as well

Do you guys no any good schooling fish? That arnt to expensive?

Neon Tetras are very inexpensive about $1 each

But smaller cheaper fish are cool too ... an angel fish or two would look great in it as well

Angelfish need way bigger tanks. As do discus and EBJDs...

For schooling
Tetras-
Cardinals
Lemons
Bleeding heart
Rummynose
Phantom
Danios/rasboras
Zebra danio
Harlequin rasboras
Pink danio
Galaxy rasbora

White cloud mountain minnnows are about as cheap as they get, yet still really exciting, and best of all, they don't need a heater if you can keep your room temp stable. But if you have other fish in there with them (which I assume you will) then you will need a heater, so that doesn't mean anything. Try tetras, barbs, danios, etc. What is your tap ph? What test kit do you use?

Back
Top Bottom