Starting up a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

informravi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought a 75 gallon tank, and started adding fishes slowly after completing the fishless cycle. I have some Pearl and Gold Gouramis (1 1/2 inch size), Clown Loaches (1 inch size), and Cardinal Tetras. They all seem to get along well, and do not seem aggressive towards each other for now. What else can I add to my tank that would be compatible with these above fishes?. I am looking to add something a bit bigger that would be the main attraction in my tank. I was planning on adding a couple of discus but changed my mind now. I would appreciate some recommendations :)

I'm not sure how many loaches you have, but you should be able to do at least one pair of dwarf cichlids in that tank. Bolivian Rams and Cockatoo Apistos are some of the easier ones. Be sure to get a confirmed pair, as opposed to a random male and female that might harass each other.

Multiple gouramis in a tank are typically not a good idea. It may or may not work in a 75, depending on how many you have.

Back
Top Bottom