Stock List/ advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcran4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I just added my first batch of fish to my 20 gal high.
I added 2 sunburst platies and 3 guppies.

I need some help on finishing out tank
Here is what I was thinking.

A couple of more guppies - probably 2
5 neon tetras
2 swordtails
a pleco

Other fish of interest
Blue Ram Ciclid - actually had one once that wasnt aggressive
maybe a few angelfish

Any suggestion you guys have wold be greatly appreciated I just want a variety of color!

I would go with some fancy guppies, endlers, bolivian ram or two. Especially since bolivians are less sensitive then GBR'S. Killifish are nice. For a pleco go bristlenose for size based opinions.

Chronos thanks for the advice.... Ill definitely look into the bolivian rams.

Here is a look at my tank

Attachments

• Photo Jun 08, 3 44 49 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 08, 3 44 49 PM.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 62
Hey guys I just added my first batch of fish to my 20 gal high.
I added 2 sunburst platies and 3 guppies.

I need some help on finishing out tank
Here is what I was thinking.

A couple of more guppies - probably 2
5 neon tetras
2 swordtails
a pleco

Other fish of interest
Blue Ram Ciclid - actually had one once that wasnt aggressive
maybe a few angelfish

Any suggestion you guys have wold be greatly appreciated I just want a variety of color!

I believe Platies perfer to be in groups of 3 (1m:2f ratio) but this also can depend on the fish. If you can, I suggest another platy.
I think 2 more guppies would look lovely but I would get 6 Neon Tetras instead of 5 as they perfer shoals of six.

The swordtails would look lovely and you can even look into getting a gourami - just be careful because they CAN get aggressive. Even a betta would be nice.

I agree on th BN Pleco but if you can't find one then Otos are a great alternative; even some cory cats would be nice in a community tank!

Bettas do not usually mix well with Guppies or Gouramis IME.

I'd avoid a Betta in that tank.

Yeah Thats what i had always thought, I just wasnt for sure. Im really high on the blue ram ciclids. would it be better to get them or the neon tetras first?

Swordtails really need a larger tank than that- 30 to 40 gals
A bristlenose or pitbull pleco would work

Mcran4 said:
Yeah Thats what i had always thought, I just wasnt for sure. Im really high on the blue ram ciclids. would it be better to get them or the neon tetras first?

Neons first rams last they are VERY sensitive

Nothing yet, IMO. This tank is new right? Which means it isn't cycled yet. The fish you have now are going to be plenty enough to start the cycle, maybe even too much. Get a good liquid test kit (API Master) and test the levels daily and do water changes as needed. Once the tank finishes cycling then you can consider adding more. Here are some links if you haven't seen them:

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium-186089.html

I have otos they stay small and like to be in groups of 4 or more. Plus they don't produce as much waste as bigger plecos
:)

Samzter said:
I have otos they stay small and like to be in groups of 4 or more. Plus they don't produce as much waste as bigger plecos
:)

But generally eat only algae are wild caught need established tanks and have a very high die off rate

Back
Top Bottom