Stocking 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have:

5 female guppies
3 male guppies
1 female swordtail
1 male swordtail
1 female platy

I was thinking of moving the swords and platy after the females give birth to my 130 gallon. I want to get some schooling fish. I might end up moving the guppies, but it is unlikely. I do a water change once a week. Any guppy fry will be moved to another smaller tank to grow, and then I will decide what to do with them. Might give some away. So here is what I need help with. Does anyone know of a good schooling fish that has a small bioload? Thanks in advance!

Yes. I prefer the cardinals, but I want to get something a little less common. I have some cardinals in my 130 gallon so I would rather something different, but maybe :)

Mr. Google will give you a far better description than i can.. He'll even show you pictures and/or show you YouTube videos :)

Beautiful fish..they remind me of tiny rainbow trout.

How about a Cory? I don't really know much about them... How big do they get?

Mr. Google will give you a far better description than i can.. He'll even show you pictures and/or show you YouTube videos :)

Beautiful fish..they remind me of tiny rainbow trout.

Wow! They are really pretty! :) do you know if they have a small bioload?

There quite a few species of Cory. The smallest being the Pygmy Cory. Other small variety include Panda and Julii. The larger ones would be something like Peppered, Emerald, Albino, etc.

The CPD's I would imagine have a small bioload. They are tiny fish and are considered nano fish. But if you get a bunch of these, that would look really nice!

There quite a few species of Cory. The smallest being the Pygmy Cory. Other small variety include Panda and Julii. The larger ones would be something like Peppered, Emerald, Albino, etc.

The CPD's I would imagine have a small bioload. They are tiny fish and are considered nano fish. But if you get a bunch of these, that would look really nice!

Thanks. I might end up getting some CPDs or harlequin rasboras. I have never seen CPDs in a store before though. They might be hard to find... What's a "nano" fish? :p

Yeah well you asked for hard to find, uncommon type fish. Just call around the LFS's in your area.. These guys are not found at the chain stores like Petsmart/co.

I think they might even be considered micro fish.. nano fish.. i dunno, I forget the term. But they're like fish under 2" or something like that. Mosquito Chili Rasboras fall in this category too.

Yeah well you asked for hard to find, uncommon type fish. Just call around the LFS's in your area.. These guys are not found at the chain stores like Petsmart/co.

I think they might even be considered micro fish.. nano fish.. i dunno, I forget the term. But they're like fish under 2" or something like that. Mosquito Chili Rasboras fall in this category too.

Lol I said "less common" an in not everyone who has a freshwater tank has had them :p they are pretty though. I will look online and see if I can find them anywhere near where I live... Ok good to know about the nano fish thing. I would rather smaller fish than bigger ones, so that's good :)

Back
Top Bottom