Stocking 2.5g shrimp tank -- how many is too many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodeyesniper

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 2.5 gallon rectangular tank with three ghost shrimp and a single mystery snail. I'm thinking of adding more shrimp, but I'm wondering how many more I could fit. Probably not more than two I'm assuming? Just want to check :)

My main concern is that the ones I have now don't finish off the algae wafers I put in, which really clouds my tank's water, so I'm hoping to add more so I have less waste

My main concern is that the ones I have now don't finish off the algae wafers I put in, which really clouds my tank's water, so I'm hoping to add more so I have less waste
why dont you just feed less? if you want them cause there interestng,thats fine,but why get them to get rid of such an easy fix?

Probably around 25 dwarf shrimps. Red cherry, red crystal, amano, green, bumblebee, tiger, etc. Just make sure that you don't choose shrimps that will cross breed in the neocaridina species.

why dont you just feed less? if you want them cause there interestng,thats fine,but why get them to get rid of such an easy fix?

I'm currently feeding them about a half/quarter wafer every/ every other day or so, so maybe I should just cut back and let them wait a few days to eat?

Back
Top Bottom