Stocking 20 gallon high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deacon22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, while I am waiting for my fish in cycle to finally finish, I would like some advice on what I should stock it with after the cycle finishes.

Currently I have one ADF ( waiting for the cycle to add another one as was suggested) 2 MM plattys and 1 Red Wag platty.

Any advice on what I could add to the above fish already in the tank?

I read that I can not add the fish all at once, but I just wanted to know what I should be adding in the future.

Thanks!

Deacon22 said:
Ok, while I am waiting for my fish in cycle to finally finish, I would like some advice on what I should stock it with after the cycle finishes.

Currently I have one ADF ( waiting for the cycle to add another one as was suggested) 2 MM plattys and 1 Red Wag platty.

Any advice on what I could add to the above fish already in the tank?

I read that I can not add the fish all at once, but I just wanted to know what I should be adding in the future.

Thanks!

How about this:
3 ADF
3 platies ( what sex?)
5 cherry barbs
5 neon tetra.

"3 platies ( what sex?) "

This may be the dumbest question ever asked on this site, but is there a way to tell? =)

I gather I should have all the same sex, correct?

All the same sex unless you want to breed, I would suggest all females to reduce aggression. The make will have a gonopodium, if you look up the word you will find a picture. Basically the make will have a pointed almost stick like anal fin and the females will be more rounded.

Deacon22 said:
"3 platies ( what sex?) "

This may be the dumbest question ever asked on this site, but is there a way to tell? =)

I gather I should have all the same sex, correct?

Definitely not a dumb question! This is how you tell, I didnt know how to either till I googled it!

Attachments

• image-176083548.jpg
    image-176083548.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 97
Haha,

Went home last night and was instantly able to see I have two male MM platys and one female red wag platy.

Thanks for all the help.

Deacon22 said:
Haha,

Went home last night and was instantly able to see I have two male MM platys and one female red wag platy.

Thanks for all the help.

Right... You will need to buy at least two more female platies, so you'll have to minus something from your stocklist. The two males will harass the female, maybe even to the point of death.

Great...... So any ideas about the stocking.

Stupid me thought that because it is a different platty, I wouldn't have a problem.

gonna have to try to give them the red wag, or maybe give it to a friend.

Back
Top Bottom