Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on apistos. Which variety did you get? They should be great.
With the bbg, be cautious. They can be nippy little things. Mine never had an issue eating flakes, so i am not sure how to train them. You may have to start with live food though. They generally will snap at things that float by their heads, some if you have enough current to take flakes past their faces, you could hope for the best. I still recommend live food though, and you can use frozen bloodworms. Keep an eye on it to make sure it gets enough food. Also, you pearl may try and eat the bbg someday depending on how big he gets. To be honest, I do not think a bbg is a good addition to the community you have planned. I think he would do better in a 5-10g tank with smaller tankmates.

absolutangel04 said:
Congrats on apistos. Which variety did you get? They should be great.
With the bbg, be cautious. They can be nippy little things. Mine never had an issue eating flakes, so i am not sure how to train them. You may have to start with live food though. They generally will snap at things that float by their heads, some if you have enough current to take flakes past their faces, you could hope for the best. I still recommend live food though, and you can use frozen bloodworms. Keep an eye on it to make sure it gets enough food. Also, you pearl may try and eat the bbg someday depending on how big he gets. To be honest, I do not think a bbg is a good addition to the community you have planned. I think he would do better in a 5-10g tank with smaller tankmates.

I got double red apistos (I think), and I don't think I'm getting the gourami. The guy at the LFS has had bad experience with it. I also got my goby to eat flakes! I'm so excited:)

I agree with the bumblebee not being a good idea. I had six of them and its really hard to make sure they get there share of food with larger fish that gobble it all up before the little gobbys get a thing. They often starve to death. You can try and place the food so it drifts past him and feed him like that if you have issues feeding him and mine wouldnt eat anything but frozen brineshrimp and bloodworms and so on. They are very cute little guys though i do love them. I still had all of mine alive and well sadly i had to move away and leave them with my ex. It would be cool to put him in a smaller setup and get a few more if he does well

Aquarist1234 said:
I got double red apistos (I think), and I don't think I'm getting the gourami. The guy at the LFS has had bad experience with it. I also got my goby to eat flakes! I'm so excited:)

Just read this after i posted! Well done thats great and a lot easier than live foods everday but still good to give it to them aswell every few days :) enjoy him they are adorable

_skyla_ said:
I agree with the bumblebee not being a good idea. I had six of them and its really hard to make sure they get there share of food with larger fish that gobble it all up before the little gobbys get a thing. They often starve to death. You can try and place the food so it drifts past him and feed him like that if you have issues feeding him and mine wouldnt eat anything but frozen brineshrimp and bloodworms and so on. They are very cute little guys though i do love them. I still had all of mine alive and well sadly i had to move away and leave them with my ex. It would be cool to put him in a smaller setup and get a few more if he does well

What I did to get him to eat was, I cut off the tip of a ziplock bag and put tank water and flake in it, and he ate the flakes:)

_skyla_ said:
Just read this after i posted! Well done thats great and a lot easier than live foods everday but still good to give it to them aswell every few days :) enjoy him they are adorable

Oh lol, and I will!:)

Back
Top Bottom