stocking 25 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buffalochip

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just purchased a new 25 gal tank. it looked big until i started reading about minimum tank requirements and minimum nr of fish for schooling fish. So far i am leaning toward a school of harlequin rasbora and a pair of bumblebee cats (south american-not asian) to sweep the bottom. interested in ideas to fill out stocking.

Hi. I have about 15 harlequins with about 45 other mixed tetras in a 65g. The harlequins are good to look at, behave sociably and seem to be a healthy fish to keep. In a 25g I would be inclined to choose a single species, such as harlequins, and some cats, although I prefer corys.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Instead of Harlequins, you could get Lambchops! They look so similar but only get 1 inch so you can have a bigger school/shoal.

Harlequins school with a dwarf gourami centerpiece has my vote.

Bottom feeders?

You could look at glass catfish or Cory species.

I've never been a fan of plecos. Too much waste, if you get one, it's because you like the pleco for itself not for its "cleaning ability" they produce more waste than they clean up.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom