Stocking 29 gallon!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyler3533

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a cycled 29 gallon freshwater fish tank. The filtration on it is an aqua clear 50 (200gph). My current stock is 1 albino BN pelco and 8 neon tetra. It is a planted tank(natural look). I am needing some ideas on what else to get stock wise. Any suggests anyone. I was thinking maybe a gourami as the center piece.

Would a pearl gourami. Like 1 male be good as a center piece fish?

Well I decided to go with a pair of dwarf gouramis and a mystery snail

The dwarf gouramis are a good option. Problem is they're vunurable to dwarf gourami disease.

bettaowner said:
The dwarf gouramis are a good option. Problem is they're vunurable to dwarf gourami disease.

Yeah hopefully good water, diet, and environment help prevent that

Samzter said:
Two males fight as well , plus you need more males than females.

Yes. But I decided to go with a pair instead

Borderlesscott said:
Good water, diet etc does not help with the dwarf disease unfortunately.

What is this disease and how do I know? Is it that common?

My current stock after little longer than a week after my cycle finished my current stock is:

2 dwarf gouramis (pair)
8 neon tetra
1 albino bristle nose pelco
1 mystery snail

I am thinking about adding 4 platies. They will all be male, so I don't have to worry about fry. Will this be an ok stock? Stock calculator was at 85% Including the platies.

I am wanting top dweller fish. Platies where the first to come to mind. Any others?

Samzter said:
That stock list sounds fine just add another female DG.

That is definitely a option, but for now the pair seems to be doing fine

do you have any pictures? i am goingto start a 29 g too, planted also and i was wondering how your is set up. my stocking is goingto be a bit different though
6-7otos(my fav fish)
10 cardinals and maybe a small school of rummynose

Went to the store today and bought 4 male Mickey mouse platies. Now my current stock is:

8 neon tetra
2 dwarf gourami (M and F)
1 albino BN pelco
1 mystery snail
4 Mickey mouse platies (all male)

How does my current stock look for 29 gallon planted tank with 200gph filtration

Samzter said:
Yes but when they mature they'll need another female.

I have noticed some aggression between make and female. Male chasing and nipping female. I I add another femal does it have to be a dwarf? Or can it be another female gourami species? Because I don't want to take the chance of having one with DGD.

Back
Top Bottom