stocking 29g- temperature in 70s.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of hunting down a FREE 29g aquarium with all equipment included plus a cabinet stand. I sure hope it's not taken, because I am really excited.

I wanted to brainstorm.

If this tank does not come with a heater- I don't think it does- then I will use a 100 watt. This heater won't be enough to heat the tank into the 80s, as it could not do so with a 20g tank.

I expect this tank to be kept in the low 70s.

What could I stock in a tank at such a temperature?

I know WCMMs are an obvious choice.I have some H. formosa, but they are awfully tiny for a 29g ;)
And I will not keep goldfish.
Are there other choices?

Thank you so much

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm still looking into a stocking plan for this tank. Once the tank has a spare heater placed in it, I'll check what temperature it will be. I expect it will low. I will use a 50 watt heater because that is all I have to use, and at room temperature the water is at 66 degrees. It can drop lower at night.

Assuming the temperature of the water will hit somewhere in the low 70s, what is a stocking plan I can implement?

I currently have a paradise fish, and I think she would do well in these temperatures. My priority is schooling fish, however.

Thanks!

Off the top of my head, white clouds and danios. Try a search on sub-tropical fish and see what pops up. :)

Back
Top Bottom