Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do i have 6 neon tetras 2 black tetras 1 blue ram 1 honey gourami...i wanted to get 1 more honey gourami..its a 16g..water parameters are spot on..im having a great time with this tank!20180503_120828.jpg

Do i have 6 neon tetras 2 black tetras 1 blue ram 1 honey gourami...i wanted to get 1 more honey gourami..its a 16g..water parameters are spot on..im having a great time with this tank!View attachment 308778
1 more honey Gourami should be ok. It's small enough to not overload your bio system and since it's an Anabantoid, it will use more oxygen from the air bubble it takes in it's labyrinth organ than it will from the tank water.

1 more honey Gourami should be ok. It's small enough to not overload your bio system and since it's an Anabantoid, it will use more oxygen from the air bubble it takes in it's labyrinth organ than it will from the tank water.

Oh oh, try and get a female gourami

Ok so I went to petco..like 5 minutes from where I live I got 2 honey gouramis..tank looks great everyone us getting along I also grabbed 1 Argentina sword..thats it though for stocking..funny I move a piece of dragon stone and my 1 rcs showed up..i haven't seen it for 2 weeks..i guess it found a good hidi g spot.

Nice set up. Plants look great. Please keep us posted how it evolves and if the gouramis continue to get along.

Thx..the blue ram he runs the tank..lol I think it's good that I got a few more so far he's not pushing them around.

There ya have it. Blue ram calls the shots so the gouramis have to fall in line. Good idea

First time for snails too..doing real well eating a ton I'm using frozen zucchini no presev. Keeping tank clean..only thing gouramis seem to be grazers..they'll eat but picky..I'm feeding variety frozen brine flake sinking wafers dried bloodworms..not all at once of course but tank parameters are great..

If you can swing it, the gourami will love bug bites, .7-1mm size. GUARANTEED. If your a pet smart member (or what ever it is when they ask me for my phone number) you can get a small jar for $3.45 there abouts. I bought one last week.

IMG_2231.jpg
Ok so I added 2 more ruby Rams..I'm at my limit probably a little much..but my stock 1 blue ram 2 ruby Rams 3 honey gouramis 6 neon tetras 2 black neon tetras 1 mystery snail 1 orange nerite 1 cherry shrimp..it's a 16 gallon..I know but I do weekly water changes tank has great parameters..surprisingly the Rams are getting along...

Im thinking about getting some rams for my new 20 gallon tall tank...You think you can get some up close shots of them?

The blue ram isn't to happy..my mistake I thought I was ok ..he's been chasing the new ruby Rams around and around. I know they need more room..he did this with gouramis then he chilled. Just get a pair of the same species if u are going to get them...I really wanted to buy the fluval 23.. The pick is my fluval 16.

Well I took the blue ram back to petco..sorta sad he had a good personality hed see me and get really excited...but he wanted the tank all to himself..in exchange i picked a baby bn pleco..sooo cool..tank has calmed down now my ruby rams sorta hang out on the bottom kinda boring but good looking fish.

Bn pleco doing great..hes done a number on the algae..i do add sinking wafers plus occasionally zucchini..i thought it was gonna be thought to keep algae since my tank is near my slider..20180608_142240.jpg

He's settled in now found a spot in my dragon stone..i ordered a small cave for him..he does keep my tank pretty clean..

He's settled in now found a spot in my dragon stone..i ordered a small cave for him..he does keep my tank pretty clean..
Oh nooo!!! I just got back week of vacation..walking in my kitchen I kicked my Inca snail got out dead..i look at my tank neon tetra dead another missing can't find my baby bristle nose anywhere...do they jump out of tanks? The vista has open back to it...totally bummed:(

The bn might still be in there, I once tore a tank down, pulled my driftwood out and later realized my bn wasn't in the tank with the rest of the fish. He was still hanging on to the driftwood, I have no idea how he lived, but they can get into tight spaces and hide really really well.

Ok..I went back to petco picked up another bn..this one is almost 2in..also a couple spotted corys..I checked the dragon stone nowhere...just worried it got out because of the inca snail 1/2 way thru my kitchen..another mystery is where did my neon tetras go? I had an old one that died when I got home but swore I had 2 others...I checked everywhere filter floor..only place I think if bn got out it be under my stand..id have to empty the tank. I wonder if the mystery or inca snail ate them..in a weeks time strange...of if it attached itself to the snail when it got out.

Ok update I now have 3 honey gourami 3 neon tetras 2 black tetras 4 cobra guppies 1 Bolivian ram 1 bn pleco..I know it's a little tight but tank looks great..I do water changes every week..I really like the fluval 16..I wish they made around 30..

Back
Top Bottom