Stocking 45 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thorili

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all new here and have a question regarding stocking my new 45 gallon. I've just upgraded from a 30 gal and transferred the following. I did have way more platies but brought them back to the LFS.

- 6 Platies
- 2 Cory Cats (Sterbai)
- 2 Clown Pleco

Now after they have settled into the new home I was thinking of adding

- 3 or 4 more Cory Cats
- An Angelfish
- School of tetras

Would the additions be ok together and what type of tetra's would be ok? I've been reading that neons can be too small. Also how many for a school but not too many for the tank. My 30 was way overstocked thanks to the platies reproducing but everyone was healthy.

I wouldn't add them all at once, probably the cats, then tetras, and finally the angelfish would be the order.

I would leave the Plecos out if you could or just have one. They add a lot of biomass, even the dwarf species. In my 45 I have one bristlenose pleco, seven cories, and one angelfish. I have room for a small school of 7 or so tetras and I will be fully stocked.

I would leave the Plecos out if you could or just have one. They add a lot of biomass, even the dwarf species.

Guess I forgot to mention but I needed them in my 30gal once we moved to try to control the algae a bit. The joys of moving to a place with floor to ceiling windows all around the living area where the tank is located.

Back
Top Bottom