stocking 55 gallon tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't want to over do the stock I don't like to many fish in a tank I think it ruins the look in all my tanks I have enough room for properly double what I have in them already

You don't want to over do the stock I don't like to many fish in a tank I think it ruins the look in all my tanks I have enough room for properly double what I have in them already

I agree. When fish r crowded they don't look pretty any,ore. So I will do:

5 discus
10 albino Cory cats
15 cherry barbs (7m : 8f)
2 clown loaches
2 kribensis

Sound good???

fish-4-life said:

5 discus
10 albino Cory cats
2 clown loaches
2 kribensis

Sound good???

Should be good. But don't add anything else :)

fish-4-life said:

5 discus
10 albino Cory cats
2 clown loaches
2 kribensis

Sound good???

Yeah that sounds good

Hi guys im new here! Im getting back into the aquarium hobby with a 55 gallon tank and this is what i have in mind:

5 dicus
50 congo tetras OR cherry barbs
12 cory cats
2-3 clown loaches (i know these guys get huge and need a large tank but they grow VERY slow so i can exchange them, sell them, or upgrade to a larger tank...)
1 bristle nose pleco
2 kribensis

sound good? thanks!

5 discus almost stocks a 55 gal.

50 congo's on their own would be overstocking the tank.

Loaches should be in groups of 5 or more.

At the very least I would knock the congo's back to 7, eliminate the clown's, knock the cories back to 6, and get 1 krib or a pair of the same sex. You probably won't want a breeding pair of kribs with cories.

I agree with bruinsbro1997, I would stick with what you have in mind and leave it at that. I have overstocked one of my tanks and it just isn't too enjoyable. I am hoping to get myself a 55g. Enjoy your tank!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with bruinsbro1997, I would stick with what you have in mind and leave it at that. I have overstocked one of my tanks and it just isn't too enjoyable. I am hoping to get myself a 55g. Enjoy your tank!

Ya I'll stock to my other plan.
5 discus
15 cherry barbs
10 Cory cats
2 krbs
2 clown loaches

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom