Stocking 60 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nwinandy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a sixty gallon long fish tank. I have partially stocked it (5 angels, 1 opaline gourami, 3 Bala sharks, 3 blue rams, 1 high fin spotted plecostomus, 1 dinosaur bichir, and 1 clown loach.) I want to know what's other fish would look good in my tank. Any help is appreciated. I was looking at discus... Is this possible? Thanks in advance!! :fish1:

Bala sharks and clown loaches will both outgrow a 60 gallon. So will the pleco. The bichir might depending on what species it is. Clown loaches are social animals that need groups of at least 5. And the sharks are way too active and will spook discus. Not to mention that with 5 angels in that amount of space they will just fight with discus. You may want to look into upgrading your tank and using the 60 gallon for a discus-centric setup.

More clown loaches, more bala sharks. Hard to recommend much else as your tank is already heavily stocked and has fish that will predate a lot of what you could add.

Are you sure, I heard they can get quite large. Do you know the growth rate?

How many?

Well if you're upgrading, then those two types of fish need more individuals in their group anyway. I would prioritize the upgrade over new fish as I don't really see much you can add tot his tank as-is.

You do realize bala sharks reach 14" and minimum tank size is a 125. This is why sini said what he did. also the clown's although slow growers reach 12". your going to need a really large tank.

Back
Top Bottom