Stocking a 10gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KRAKEN

Aquarium Advice Activist
What fish could I house in a 10gallon tank? I have a fully cycled 10 gallon with sand substrate and a heater, what are my options?

Have you ever looked at some micro fish? You could do a school of those, maybe some shrimp, few snails maybe? Or toss in a few micro crabs! MABJ is doing that and i'm a bit jealous lol

google microrasboras small fish i think most are 3/4 to 1 inch maybe 1 1/4 inch fully grown. I think my favorite is boraras brigittae

I never heard of them and I'm not sure how I would obtain some lol

I have a betta and 8 shrimp in my ten gallon.
You could also go brackish and have a single dwarf puffer or some bumblebee gobys.
There are other options but 10 gallons are so limited its frustrating

I was by a local stream and seen a small 4 inch baby large mouth flopping around so I took my heaters out and rescued him, once it's back to full health im putting him in my neighbors fishing pond

...i dont think a wild 4 inch largemouth will do well in that small of a tank. Id just take it straight to the pond. Is it frantically racing back and forth against the glass? Or exploring inside the tank?

It's acting mellow, just hiding and just exploring through drift wood, I have a empty 55gal and a cycled 20 gal with no fish but its heated and I'm pretty sure that would kill it, and the only fish in that pond is large bass and huge catfish and also 2 gar, I don't think it would last long but either way I guess it's better than letting him dry out in the sun

Back
Top Bottom