Stocking a 20 High Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jweiner

Aquarium Advice Regular
My new aquarium is finally cycled and I would like to stock it (over a week or two) with attractive and peaceful community fish that will occupy all levels of the water. Could someone please recommend some fish species that would do well? Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• my aquarium.jpg
    my aquarium.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 51
Well, keeping in mind easy-but-attractive fish... For the top level I'd suggest zebra danios. At least 6 or 7, so they chase each other, rather than the other fish. Mid-level... glowlight tetras (again, about 7), and for the bottom, 5-6 panda corys. Others, of course, will have other good ideas.

What kind of filter is on the tank?

PHP:
Barliman - I actually won the entire setup as part of a raffle. It is all E live stuff. This is the filter (although I haven't planted anything in it yet). The filtration material is called hydrocorn.

Attachments

• elive.jpg
    elive.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 36
PHP:
Barliman - I actually won the entire setup as part of a raffle. It is all E live stuff. This is the filter (although I haven't planted anything in it yet). The filtration material is called hydrocorn.

Interesting. Pecktec has a video on Youtube about the Aquaduo you might find helpful:

Here's mine :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 38
For something fun to match the tank's decor I would do a bunch of platys. I used to love mine back when I started keeping aquariums and they are really hardy, neat little fish.

Back
Top Bottom