Stocking a 26 gallon bowfront aqaurium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got my new aquarium, it's currently cycling. Any suggestions for what to stock it with? (Filter is a fluval c3 five stage filter, 153 GPH) thanks guys!

I've got the fluval C3 on my 27gal cube. It's really nice and works well.

None yet, by my plans are: bn pleco, 10 red finned red minor tetras, 10 orange flame tetras, and some cories

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm still deciding on fish. Let me know how urs turns out :)

I loved my cube 29 gal tanganesian ( don't think that's spelled right but) cichlid tank and they are some of the most laid back fw fish let alone cichlids. There are several types that when frightened will dive for the cover of their fav shell which is kinda funny to watch. And another bonus is not many people have these tanks and I kinda like to stand out

Thanks for the advice but i already set it up as a community tank :)

I would do 12 Cardinal Tetras, 8 Panda Cory Cats, 1 Pair of Rams or Apistos, and another school of 10 fish. Maybe spotted blue eye rainbows.

I would do 12 Cardinal Tetras, 8 Panda Cory Cats, 1 Pair of Rams or Apistos, and another school of 10 fish. Maybe spotted blue eye rainbows.

I agree except for that last part. 12 cardinals is tech over 20 in of fish alone so another school of ten is kinda pushing it. Also kribensas are similar to rams and apistos and are a beautiful fish that will often breed in ur tank

I agree except for that last part. 12 cardinals is tech over 20 in of fish alone so another school of ten is kinda pushing it. Also kribensas are similar to rams and apistos and are a beautiful fish that will often breed in ur tank

Um, we haven't gone by the inch per gallon rule in a long time... Two schools is fine... :) I wouldn't do kribs since they are an african cichlid and prefer hard water with high PH.

Good stock except I'd skip the spotted blue eyes -- they do much better in species or nano tank set ups. Threadfin or furcata rainbows would be perfect though.

I have purchased a Molly, 2 swordtails, and 2 platys.... What schools would go could with them??

Back
Top Bottom