Stocking a 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well right now i have ne money to spare for a heater or filter so im going fishless, and mabe ill add some danios afterwards, but is there any household items that can start it?

do you have any fishfood? do you have a testkit: ammonia, NO2, NO3, PH,KH? a heater and filter will be needed.. It sounds like you need to wait and get some $$$.. putting the aquarium on hold a while..

To properly do a fishless cycle youll need a heater by the way.. it will take forever to do it at room temperature.. it also is needed to keep temperature constant.. fluxuation is bad... and if you dont have a filter how are you going to cycle the tank, there isnt anywere for the bateria to grow..?

ok now my plan of action is to establish either a planted communtiy tank with tetras and colorfull fish like that or make a sand bottom and have that ruins loo, and is there any plant that grows outa sand? and just throw danios and do it that way, and if later i do decide to go cichlid i will fist have a established tank and sell/give/whatever the comm. fish and adjust the water to the cichlids likeing that i choose? and if i do go planted can i grow with or without the cycle?

I would suggest have a plan. before you do anything. It sounds like you have a few trains of thought. Find out what you really want to do then do that. If Danis are not in your plan, don't cycle with them. Save up if you have to, it will mean less problems in the long run and will actually be a quicker way to get a healthy tank.

ok check this out everyone! i have a aunt that needed her garage roof done, so i had to pull off alot of wood that had rotted out and repalce them with big 1 in thick boards and then had to put on this stuff that waterproofs the garge and i had to tear down and stack up before i ripped this stuff off. then i had to tar it up..... from 8am to 9 pm with it being 90 degrees full sun so needless to say i got quite a burn :) and in return i get some fish stuff, i got nice jager tank heater, and biowheel 150 filter, and play sand from HD! and fish food. so now do i have what i need to start a fishless cycle? well i alresdy put sand,the heater, and food into the tank but im going to wait a day or two before i start the filter up so sand doesnt get into it
but i plan on having a tropical community fish tank with a "underwater Ruins" type look! please tell me anything bad or good, i like constructive critism!

If I were you I would start a new thread in the getting started area and answer all the questions in the sticky at the top of the page.. your more likely to get more complete advise there.. and make a diffent thread about the fishless cycle or search for fishless cycle its well covered on the board..

got nice jager tank heater, and biowheel 150 filter, and play sand from HD!
if the filter you got was in your aunt's tank, you are set to add fish. just don't wash the bio-wheel filter in regular tap water :wink: .

well i bought it all new so i think im just going with the bio-spira and might add some shell dwelling cichlids becasue they are small enough right? for a 29 gal?

well i guess im going to make it a community fish tank, but i want some new speices other then like guppies plates and stuff i want a wild assortment, thats why i wanted to go cichlid but 1 its too expansice for the ones i want, and 2 i only have a 29 gal tank :(

Back
Top Bottom