stocking a 55 galllon unplanted freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishR_Friends

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I just joined this forum because I need some advice. I have a 55 gallon tank that is filled but has never had fish in it yet. I have a smaller tank that is a community of peaceful mollies, tetras, and cherry barbs.

I am wanting to do something colorful and active in this larger tank, I have been researching and reading about many different fish, the guys in my life want a shark in there, lol.

We like angel fish, and we also like cichlids for their colors.

I am looking for stocking recommendations.

Thanks!

Angels are nice but can be aggressive, but not as aggressive as other cichlids. I'd consider rainbows as they are colorful and peaceful, although some can grow to 5 inches.

Rainbow what? Shark? Cichlid?

Anyway, I am wanting to do a semi-aggressive tank.

Maybe not angels but do you have any compatible fish suggestions?

Highly recommend rainbows, big and colorful without the aggression.

Here is a picture of my Australians, google turquoise and Bosemans rainbows they are more colorful than this. These are the vanilla or plain ones.

1500478126564.jpg

Attachments

• 1500478126564.jpg
    1500478126564.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 58
These are great suggestions but I think if you are looking for a colourful lively tank you could go with a Malawi setup, these fish are colourful and exciting to watch. Dragon bloods and demasoni cichlids are beautifully coloured have great exciting characteristics they can also coexist. They are mild in aggression especially when compared to other cichlids. They loves lots of rocks and caves which could make for a great art piece in your home and with a strictly vegetarian diet they will be very happy.

Four or five of each of these species would be perfect along with a few hardy bottom dwellers which ever you decide I hope you enjoy it.

By all means research the suggestions given and go walk around a lfs or even a chain pet store and see what you like.
Good luck and keep us informed, we love to talk fish! [emoji225] [emoji226] [emoji222]

Back
Top Bottom