Stocking a new 90 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin144

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm wanting to do an oddball friendly tank , the dimensions are 48 by 18 by 24 . I really wanted to do a fire eel but after some research I learned that they will get way too big even though liveaquaria.com says a 50 gallon is enough . So hoping for suggestions ! And I was wondering about a peacock or black spot eel instead ? I love the look of eels !!

Peacock eels would work. My dream setup is a tank with a mastacembelus elipsifer, an African knife fish, and a few African butterfly fish

I had a tank with this stock, well here, I'll give you my 2 favorite tanks
125 gallon
African butterfly fish
Freshwater lion fish
Fire eel
Needle nose gar
Barracuda
75 gallon
Black ghost knife
Brown knife
Dinosaur bichir
Peacock eel
Prehistoric dragon goby
Butterfly fish

Ok so definitely not a good idea to get a fire eel then right ?

And are the peacock or black spot or any other kind of eel in this size range have the personality that the fire eel has ? I want to be able to hand feed and interact with him or her !!!

Well, peacocks are kind of shy, I think that knifes are less, look like eels, and have personality

Ok I guess I'll look into knives and do a little research there . Went to aquarium adventure columbus last night and got my gravel and a led lighting system for the tank !! So excited !!!!! ?

Back
Top Bottom