Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dirtydan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm having trouble deciding on how to stock my 29 gallon tank.
I have four corys, six serpae tetra, and I plan on getting a pair of German Blue Rams. I want another small school of fish (5-6) that will contrast in color with the serpae but that will get along with the rest of the tank.
Is it overkill and am I overstocking with this second school?
Should I just add a few more serpae in and have a big school of 10+?
AqAdvisor is currently telling me that with the GBRs, corys, and serpae, I'm at 66% so I have some wiggle room.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

First off ur not over stocked at all. If u want another school then I would go for maybe neon tetras, cardnial tetra. U could also put like 2 kuhli loaches there pretty neat fish. I have bolivian rams and I love mine I'll attach a picImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392295437.281869.jpg

U could also do a school of 3-4 glass catfish. They don't sit on the bottom there very active and should look nice with ur serpae

My 29g is currently stocked with

2- bolivian rams
2- peacock gudgeond
6-serpae tetras
7- white clouds
1-dwarf gourami
6-panda cories
3-amanao shrimp

I would add 2 more Cory's and 2 more serapes. Then you could add another school of fish like 6 lemon tetras or 6 penguin tetra.

Glass catfish need a bigger tank then a 29. I also agree that you aren't overstocked. I highly recommend rummynose tetras. They are pretty fragile and somewhat susceptible to disease at first, but after 3 weeks they are incredibly hardy, and very active!

Back
Top Bottom