Stocking Advice for 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RevLemmon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need some advice with stocking my 75 gallon tank. I did some research and looking around, found some fish that I liked and made up a list. Are there any changes you might make to this list, subtraction additions, compatible issues I missed, over stocking issues?

1.) Red Fire Guppy x3
2.) Blue Cobra Guppy x3
3.) Boesemani Rainbow x10
4.) Hi Fin Lyretail Swordtail x1
5.) Medium Premium Orange Marble Blushing Veil x1
6.) Medium Gold Het. Platinum Blue Veil x1
7.) Gypsy King Tiger Pleco x1
8.) Ghost Shrimp x (Whats a good number for a small group?)
I'm planning on using the 3M color quartz S grade in black for the substrate, 2 RENA XP 4's, a Hydor ETH In-Line Heater along with various decorations I haven't decided on yet. I'm not sure what to use for the lighting either, I may go with the 96 watt bright kit from AH supply, but im open to suggestions. Thanks for your help!!

P.S. Its not running yet, I'm just bouncing around ideas right now.

The angels will probably eat your guppies and shrimp. Also, find out how large that pleco gets. Even a 75g is tight for the larger varieties.

I agree with BigJim, otherwise your stocking looks fine.

As far as lighting, if you aren't going planted, just get the lowest-powered light you can, that still allows you to see your tank. Otherwise, the higher light will make it harder to prevent algae.

If you do decide to go planted, it can be very rewarding :D

Back
Top Bottom