Stocking advice! Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lexinicole

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I finally finished cycling my little 10 gallon freshwater community aquarium. It has pH 7.8-8, ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 5, temp 78 degrees.

Currently I have a snail and an African dwarf frog in there and they are cute and content but I would really like to add a fish (or a few) to add some color to the tank.

Do you have any suggestions on good additions? I could always add some more frogs, but I would really like some color. Just looking for a fish that isn't going to pick on my frog (and vice versa).

Thanks in advance!!

Try a betta (I know they're fighting fish) but I have a gold inca snail and 8 other fish in my aquarium and they all get along just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you like color go for guppies. You can get males in pretty much color and combination you can think of. If you want to breed them it's easy as introducing a few females

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Get at least one more african dwarf frog, they like to be kept in at least a pair as they are very social.

As for fish, a male betta is a popular choice due to the fact they like similar water params- slow current, plants near the surface, and water around 80F. However, I find feeding frogs in a tank with a betta to be a pain, at least, if you are feeding any sort of yummy worms that the betta wants to eat.

I had 4 male guppies (no females, so I wouldn't have to worry about babies) with my ADF's, and they got along swimmingly.

You could instead go with a school of neon tetras (8 or so) probably as well. I personally think a 10 gallon seems a little small for neons, but several people recommend 10 gallons as the minimum size for them.

I have two male bettas, they have a ton of personality and will really appreciate the tank space. Guppies are fun but in my experience have been far from hardy.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom