Stocking Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmen1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are some good schooling fish in a 29 gallon tank, and is SeaChem prime a good conditioner for water changes?

Dmen1 said:
What are some good schooling fish in a 29 gallon tank, and is SeaChem prime a good conditioner for water changes?

Yes prime is about as good as you can get. It neutralizes ammonia too. I've haven't used it because I haven't ran out of my dechlorinator I was given, but it's on my list to try when what I have runs out. Others say it lasts a lot longer than most dechlorinators because it takes so little. Fish wise any type of tetra. I know many people aren't fond of danios, but I have a school
Of 5 giant danios and they are awesome. They ate very very active and honestly go all over the tank, they definitely liven one up for sure! I think a nice school of long finned black skirt or phantom tetras would look good... I just love fish with flowy fins :) I've seen pictures of long finned danios and they are pretty I think. Also any type of Cory (that would help in the clean up crew department and bottom dwellers!) schools... Corys are a favorite here :) what other fish are you planning on having?

Thanks for all the input. Would an African butterfly fish work with a school of tetras, if so would I be able to have an African butterfly fish a school of tetras and a school of Cory's?

Wiggles24 said:
If you like fish w flowy fins, Congo tetras are just amazing!!!!

Never seen Congo tetras before... Those are so pretty! Love them!

When adding water conditioner do I add enough for the amount of water I am replacing or for the amount of the whole tank?

Dmen1 said:
When adding water conditioner do I add enough for the amount of water I am replacing or for the amount of the whole tank?

It depends on if you use a water changer like a python or do it by buckets. If you do it by buckets and you how many gallons your bucket holds then you can dose by the bucket. If your using a python or are unsure of how many gallons your bucket holds dose the entire volume of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom