Stocking for 90g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kraigory

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

Just recently joined the addiction of aquarium keeping!

A little background on what I have:
-90 gallon acrylic tank
-Marineland Emperor 400 (came with the tank)
-Recently added a Penn Plax 1200 Canister filter (as I was not thrilled with the Emperor)
-48in. Finnex FugeRay LED+
-2x Aqueon Pro 150w heaters

Have lightly planted the tank with Amazon swords, water sprite, moneywort, micro sword and java fern.

I cycled the tank with fish in it (3 red wag platies, 3 peppered cories). I also used a filter from my brother-in-law's tank since he also has an Emperor 400. Started the tank up about a month ago and everything seems to be doing great so far.

So now that brings me to the real topic of discussion: what to stock?
I have done a lot of research and put together a list and would really just like to know what everyone thinks about it. I want to make sure that all the fish will be compatible and that the tank doesn't get overstocked.

So here goes:
3 red wag platies (already in the tank)
3 peppered cories (already in the tank)
4 emerald green cories
4 dwarf gouramis or honey gouramis (I would like 2 pairs, however have not yet been able to locate any females. Need to check at my lfs. Would 4 males be compatible?)
5 rainbowfish (either boesomani or praecox)
6 tetras (neon, cardinal or perhaps glowlight)
6 zebra danios
6 endler's livebearer

Let me know what you think

Hi all, Just recently joined the addiction of aquarium keeping! A little background on what I have: -90 gallon acrylic tank -Marineland Emperor 400 (came with the tank) -Recently added a Penn Plax 1200 Canister filter (as I was not thrilled with the Emperor) -48in. Finnex FugeRay LED+ -2x Aqueon Pro 150w heaters Have lightly planted the tank with Amazon swords, water sprite, moneywort, micro sword and java fern. I cycled the tank with fish in it (3 red wag platies, 3 peppered cories). I also used a filter from my brother-in-law's tank since he also has an Emperor 400. Started the tank up about a month ago and everything seems to be doing great so far. So now that brings me to the real topic of discussion: what to stock? I have done a lot of research and put together a list and would really just like to know what everyone thinks about it. I want to make sure that all the fish will be compatible and that the tank doesn't get overstocked. So here goes: 3 red wag platies (already in the tank) 3 peppered cories (already in the tank) 4 emerald green cories 4 dwarf gouramis or honey gouramis (I would like 2 pairs, however have not yet been able to locate any females. Need to check at my lfs. Would 4 males be compatible?) 5 rainbowfish (either boesomani or praecox) 6 tetras (neon, cardinal or perhaps glowlight) 6 zebra danios 6 endler's livebearer Let me know what you think

I don't think the gouramis would work with that many unless you could get females (rarely carried by most LFSs). I'd recommend trying something like one pearl and one honey gourami as they look different and are generally pretty peaceful -- just make sure they're getting enough food as they're not very aggressive eaters like the rainbows, plates, and danios. You could easily bump your tetra and danio could to 10. I'd probably skip the endlers as they'll likely be outcompeted for food. Later down the line you could look into adding a pair of German blue rams or apistos too.

Back
Top Bottom