Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaShark

Aquarium Advice Activist
My current aquarium is 29 gallons. It has live plants,driftwood, and a sand bottom. Currently theres 3 peppered cories and 1 false juli cory catfish. I want to add some more fish but Im not sure what. I was wanting to add some cherry shrimp and possibly a assassin snail to keep the pond snail population down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

For fish I would recommend a school of 1 or 2 types of tetras 2 dwarf gouramis and a school of danios. Both of these will not bother your existing cories. Also, add another Cory cat or two as they like to be in groups.

For a tank like yours, probably either a single school of 12 to 15 or 2 smaller schools of different species each of around 7

Also make sure the fish are small, like zebra danios, neon or cardinal tetras, or rummynose.

I have hard water (8.2 last time I checked) would that affect the fish too much? I read that tetras prefer softer water. And would a bristlenose pleco work with this stock as well?

Anyone have any input on this stock?
Adding 1 more false juli cory, 7 emperor tetras, 1 sparkling Gourami,
2 Assassin snails, 3 cherry shrimp, and maybe a bristle nose pleco?

Stocks sounds ok, haha I have problems with getting to excited with fish and overstocking. I hear emperor tetras are sensitive to water, so be careful to move them the right conditions.

Anyone have any input on this stock?
Adding 1 more false juli cory, 7 emperor tetras, 1 sparkling Gourami,
2 Assassin snails, 3 cherry shrimp, and maybe a bristle nose pleco?

A sparkling gourami is way too small and timid to keep in a 29g community. A more suitable gourami would be a honey gourami or as a second choice one of the dwarf gourami's. Honey gouramis are also similar in size to dwarf, are generally hardier, and also come in Sunset honey and Golden honey color varieties. Otherwise the list looks good.

Okay thanks. Ill switch it to a honey Gourami if I can find one, or a dwarf if those are more common. Im not sure where ill get the fish, i just use online sites to find ones I like. Ill have to look around to find them local.

Back
Top Bottom