Stocking! Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennymph

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I am currently cycling my 180L tank. Won't be too long until it's finished and still need to plant it more etc so obviously my mind's going crazy with what fish to put in. Constantly searching compatibility between fish and my original idea is to do a betta sorority because I love them so much. So my issue that I'm coming to you all with is Corydoras. I love them and would love them in my tank. However, I've noticed and heard that they love sand substrate.. in my tank it is split, 2/3 Fluval Stratum and 1/3 sand. Is that sufficient enough for the Cory's? I wouldn't want them to be uncomfortable but I'm also open to any other bottom dweller suggestions, but I really have my heart set on either Albino or Bronze ? So yeah, will Corydoras be comfortable on the substrate I have, bearing in mind it will be quite sufficiently planted... Also has anyone had experience with Cory's and female Bettas? Obviously the most important thing to me is the health and happiness of each fish. Let me know what you think! Thanks :)

I've kept corydoras pygmaeus in 100% stratum, no issues. What are the dimensions of the tank? Length x Width x Height? that will give us better information for stocking advice.

No betta experience but my orange laser cories have been bare bottom or Eco complete for the last 2 + years without issue..
The secret with gravel is to just keep up an vacuuming so no mulm/bacteria build up on bottom of tank..

I've kept corydoras pygmaeus in 100% stratum, no issues. What are the dimensions of the tank? Length x Width x Height? that will give us better information for stocking advice.
L100 x W40 X H45 I believe. I'm not home right now so I'll double check those numbers but I'm pretty sure they're correct!

No betta experience but my orange laser cories have been bare bottom or Eco complete for the last 2 + years without issue..
The secret with gravel is to just keep up an vacuuming so no mulm/bacteria build up on bottom of tank..
Great! Thanks for your input coralbandit! Orange lasers are gorgeous! ??

Do you have the vision or Rio? Is it a Juwel?
Its the Interpet Aquaverse however now it's seeming that theyve sold me what was advertised as 180, as 160... ??? hmmm.. forget the 180 then it must be the 160. Quite confused but gonna have to deal with it lol.

Yeah I think Juwel tend to do the 180 and are quite a popular choice in the European market. Nice to have a fellow Lancashire gal on board. Welcome to AA.

I don't know what's available in the European market, but you might want to think about rammy nose tetras. They school, very active and peaceful. A school of 8-12 is very fun to watch.

I don't know what's available in the European market, but you might want to think about rammy nose tetras. They school, very active and peaceful. A school of 8-12 is very fun to watch.
Definitely want some tetras of some sort, just heard a lot of negatives of housing them with Bettas. Still got a lot of research to do but I do love rummynoses. I love all tetras if I'm honest, ember tetras being one of my favourites. Going to have a look on YT to find out who stocks what with a sorority :(

Back
Top Bottom