Stocking help please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyBusiness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a well established 90 gallon tank with aquaclear 110's (1 of the 2 is fully cleaned and taken down at the time).

I currently have:

5 Australian Rainbowfish
4 Bronze Corys
2 Pictus Cats (5" ea and 3 years old)

Would like to get 1 each of:
Angelfish
Bristlenose Pleco
Bolivian Ram

Would those work together?
Or ideas on any other schooling fish to add? Any ideas would be great. I've done a ton of research and seems everything that's not too nippy will be eaten by the pictus...

I would add 2 more bronze cories to get the school to 6. Yeah you will be fine with the Pleco, angel, and ram. For a schooling fish maybe some Odessa barbs or some of the larger bodied tetras, (lemon, red eye, bleeding heart, backskirt, Congo, etc)

I like the look of bleeding hearts and congos. When I went from a mbuna tank to tropical last year, I got 10 red eyes and 16 serpae. I now have 2 serpaes left... They are nasty buggers. Nipped everybody constantly. I had 2 left as of last week and re-homes them. So I am a little weary of tetras lol

I've never had a tetra nip before, but I've also never had serepae. A long finned tetra (like a black/white skirt) would probably not nip. It might just have been that variety, there are so many tetras and to be honest they look so different I'm surprised they are related. Don't give up on em!

Back
Top Bottom